Every year thousands of holidaymakers head to Google searching for "Norfolk cottages by the sea" trying to locate a beautiful Norfolk cottage or property to stay in.
We decided to discuss why Norfolk is such a popular destination and why so many are eager to visit.
The Norfolk coastline is known for having some of the best beaches in Europe and certainly the UK, with Blue flag beaches and open expanses of relatively unspoilt natural coastline.
Visitors come from all over the country and sometimes from overseas too. Whether visitors are looking for a romantic getaway, relaxing break or perhaps an active holiday, Norfolk has something for everyone! So what is it that makes the region so special?
Ten reasons people love Norfolk.
- Brilliant visitor attractions - Norfolk has many award-winning attractions.
- Seaside resorts for family fun including activities such as surfing, jet skiing and paddle boarding
- Beautiful beaches for miles and miles
- The Norfolk Broads - whether you want to walk, cycle or explore by boat, paddle board or otherwise, the Norfolk Broads has so much to offer.
- Norwich, a fine, historical city and England's first UNESCO City of Literature.
- Birdwatching - Norfolk is home to many internationally renowned nature reserves and is home to the Winter Wildlife Safari
- Cycling - whatever your ability there are lots of cycling routes taking you through amazing scenery such as along the Norfolk Coast Path.
- Amazing selection of food & drink from local producers
- Quaint coastal villages
- Historical homes, halls and gardens - Norfolk is home to many National Trust sites, the Royal family's Sandringham and many privately owned halls and gardens which are open to the public
This picture shows our Holiday apartment, which has a traditional holiday cottage feel and is a popular holiday rental throughout the year.
Norfolk holiday cottages by the sea
There are lots of cottages in the coastal villages owned by Holiday Lettings companies and private individuals. Some remain in families and some are still occupied with fishing families and local land workers.
Where are good locations for Norfolk Holiday Cottages?
There are many amazing locations along the North Norfolk coast, but we love Mundesley. In fact, we loved it so much that we brought a Mundesley so much we bought a holiday home to share with others and to enjoy ourselves with our growing family.
Mundesley is a wonderful quaint and pretty Victorian seaside village. It is within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with many long coastal walks and beautiful stretches of sandy beaches. Our holiday apartment is perfectly situated just 2 minutes walk from the beach. It has a lovely large patio and shrub area, private parking and is within walking distance of the local pubs and restaurants.
So, if you are considering a holiday in the Norfolk area and you are looking for a great place to call home then we have two properties you can choose from our Norfolk Barn Stay and the Mundesley Coastal Retreat, contact Lucinda and Bim today to find out more