There are many good cafes and pubs in Mundesley and the surrounding area. Here are some of our favourites:
- The Ship Inn, Mundesley - a 5-minute walk from the apartment and thought to be one of the oldest pubs on the Norfolk coast. The pub boasts fabulous sea views and dogs are welcome in the bar area. It was featured in the Telegraph’s “top 50 best British pubs with beer gardens” and uses fresh ingredients from local suppliers.
- The Corner Cafe, Mundesley - less than 10 minutes walk from the apartment is this lovely little cafe serving good coffee and great afternoon tea!
- The View Restaurant, Mundesley - this is a short walk from the apartment and whilst we haven’t been able to visit at the time of writing, the restaurant is new and looks like a great spot for food.
- Vernon Arms in Southrepps - this friendly pub is a 10-minute drive from the apartment in the lovely picturesque village of Southrepps.
- Rocky Bottoms, West Runton - this laid back restaurant serves fresh, local shellfish from pot to plate.
- Gunton Arms, Thorpe Market - this gastropub is located in a large deer park that was established in the 18th century. You can enjoy venison from the deer park and beef from Blickling and these are cooked over a large open fire in the Elk Room. There is also a good bar area and the menu is varied and includes local seafood.
- The Moston Anchor, a favourite of the North Norfolk Pubs, this Gastropub takes local produce and seafood to the next level, a thoroughly great place to visit for lunch, or evening meals.
Two great Norfolk stays
This very spacious, luxurious and comfortable ground floor apartment in Mundesley, North Norfolk (also known as Sea Sounds), is a 2-minute walk from the beach. It is one of 7 apartments in a small, quiet building that overlooks the sea. Mundesley has a Blue Flag sandy beach and promenade and lots of local amenities for visitors. Mundesley is within a conservation area and is a traditional seaside resort with wide open stretches of beach. The apartment can sleep 4 and accommodate a dog. It also benefits from private parking and a large, private patio/garden area.
The quaint two-storey barn conversion is located in a peaceful small village in South Norfolk near Norwich. With fields and countryside on the doorstep, there is an abundance of wildlife including buzzards, deer, hares, barn owls and cuckoos living in the surrounding fields and open areas. The barn is well located for those wanting to explore the Norfolk Broads, South Norfolk, Norwich city centre (only 8 miles away) and many of Norfolk’s beaches (30 mins away) by car, there are other transport links in the area too. The Barn is perfect for an active or relaxing break.